Working in an English-speaking and fast-paced environment, you will assist the R&D team charged with the responsibility for development of sub-systems of the CorWave LVAD, including requirements, design and testing.
Your tasks will cover different aspects of our cross-disciplinary R&D program ranging from design engineering to biological interfaces, use of software tools and materials selection. It will include:
- Design and simulation using the latest CAE tools
- Test set-up, automation and analysis using tools such as Labview and Matlab
- Review of literature and other source materials to determine industry best practices
- Development of requirements, specifications, test protocols and reports to document your work
A few projects you might work on:
- Design of surgical components and tools, optimization of actuator and pump head design
- Coordination of pre-clinical and clinical experiments
- Improvement and maintenance of automated hydrodynamic, blood interface and durability bench tests
- Research and development of new testing methods leveraging basic physics and fundamental research
Implementation of a control and monitoring system (electronics and software) for implantable blood pumps
The candidate must have direct experience in the development of medical medical devices.
- Studying engineering with a major in one of the following areas: mechanical, electronics or biomedical engineer
- Previous working experience (internship, other) in the industry is preferred
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, hard-working, autonomous, team oriented, and driven by a positive attitude. Flexibility to work in a start-up environment, requiring lean, efficient use of resources are required for success in this position.
Compensation and Logistics
- Starting date: Q2/Q3 2018
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Location : Clichy-Levallois / Metro line 13, train L
Please send your CV and letter of introduction to: email@example.com, “Reference R&D Internship”